Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Monsoon does not have deadlines

Everyone is eagerly waiting for the monsoon to mark its presence. But when? It has no deadlines! It can come whenever it feels like. It does not have to answer any questions for its late arrival and irregular performance. The complaints made to the Lord by his other creations do not make any difference. Predictions fail. Or are they never properly calculated? How does it matter? Some more craving and some more longing for that matter? Does the rain like getting so much of importance? I don’t know. I just know that it does not have deadlines and I do have.


In an interesting conversation today…

Boss: Aarti, 30th June, sharp at 9.30 am, I want everything to be ready.

Me: Yes sir.

Boss: Have you seen the MRF ad in the news papers?

(Here I think that the boss is giving some design directions. But from ads, it’s kind of weird! Never has he done this before. May be its different this time!!?!)

Me: No sir.

Boss: You don’t read newspapers. How will you know what is going on in the world.

Me: (Now I am almost sure that it’s definitely about some design shots! :) )

Boss: MRF has these ads in the newspapers recently about the arrival of monsoon. The countdown begins, it says: days left 4, 3, 2, 1. And then the next day the ad shows that its been EXTENDED.

Me: ??!! (smiles): Yes sir. It will be done. (ho jayega!).

Boss (with a sarcastic smile): I do not want E-X-T-E-N-T-I-O-N-S.



Image credits: Abodh. From his blog http://strayingaround.blogspot.com


… and thus I google for these MRF ads. Internet again! I have to start reading newspapers, its good for health! Abodh says something about the MRF ads and monsoon on his blog here.


Good series of ads I guess. I'm not an advertising person though. I can just say that this ad made some relevance to me in some way. In a book (The Secret of Wizard of Ads) I had read: Not all good advertising results success and not all bad advertising means failure.

No comments: